You can choose from a variety of pallet strapping options. As a result, choosing the right strap type can be very confusing.
Reisopack has extensive knowledge of the best pallet- and box strapping solutions so we can provide as much relevant information as possible. This will help you decide which strapping solution to choose a little easier.
What is pallet strapping?
Pallet strapping, also known as "banding," is the process of fixing, palletizing, and bundling items or products using plastic or steel straps. This ensures that the goods (usually stacked on a pallet) are safely transported from the place of origin to the destination. Reisopack has different horizontal and vertical pallet strapping solutions.
Strapping is used in a variety of industries, including:
- Building industry, hardware product bundling and fixing: wood, plumbing pipes, bricks, tiles, concrete blocks.
- Warehouse distribution of goods.
- Securing agricultural products.
- Import / export transportation.
- General packaging industry
Strapping can also be used to secure one cardboard box. It is used as a backup tool, so if the packing tape breaks or comes off the carton, the strap will keep the carton in place. The straps used wrap, bond, glue, or weld both ends of the carton or parcel. Usually a banding machine is the proper solution for smaller amounts of packages to strap.
The strap can be easily applied to packages of all sizes, including large export cardboard boxes. If you have many small cartons or packages that ship to one address, you can use the straps to put those items together.
How to choose the right strapping for your job?
There are many types of strapping materials and machines available. To ensure the correct results, you need to choose the correct type of strapping for your specific application.
Before buying strapping or any related tools, you should consider a few questions.
- Cargo weight: First, you need to evaluate the weight of the items that need to be secured. Are they palletized or loose?
- Shipping method: You need to evaluate how your goods will be sent. In some cases, if you feel that your goods cannot be handled in the correct way, you will need to use a heavier belt.
- The strapping capacity of your organization: Finally, you need to decide whether to use tools for manual strapping or your packaging environment is more suitable for an automated strapping solution.
Summary of choosing the right strapping solution
At Reispack, we hope that this brief overview of the options available has made it a little easier for you to decide which strapping is right for you. As you can see there are many factors to consider, and each batch deserves its own unique analysis.